Wednesday, May 18, 2016

MARTINEZ'S "BELIEVE IN BROWNSVILLE" A PICTURE OF DESPAIR







(After five years of the Tony Martinez "Believe in Brownsville" hype, things seem to be going from bad to worse in the heart of the city. The homeless are sleeping under the starts sheltered only by nature-provided Sabal Palm fronds. We have learned that the Immaculate Conception Cathedral was told by the Brownsville Police Dept. to seize the sofa and blankets of the two men above and dispose of them because they were giving the place a bad name. And the fellow in the picture below seems to be in the pits of despair as he contemplates the traffic pass by as he rests against the wall of the wall of the school across the street from the cathedral. Nearby, the Casa Del Nylon, purchased by Martinez from his friend Abraham Galonsky for a cool $2.3 million stands empty and boarded up as there are no takers for it. Bob Marley's tune below seems to have been written for places like our own Browntown under Martinez and his crew.)

"Talkin' Blues"


Yeah! Oh, yeah! Now!
Cold ground was my bed last night (bed last night)
And rock was my pillow, too; (doo-oo-oo-oo-oo!)
Cold ground was my bed last night (bed last night)
And rock was my pillow, too. Yeah!

I'm saying: talkin' blues (talkin' blues),
talkin' blues (talkin' blues);
They say your feet is just too big for your shoes. (shoe-oo-oo-oo-oo)
Talkin' blues (talkin' blues), talkin' blues (talkin' blues):
Your feet is just too big for your shoes. (shoe-oo-oo-oo-oo)

Yeah, I've been down on the rock for so long, (so long)
I seem to wear a permanent screw; (screw-oo-oo-oo-oo)
I've been down on the rock for so long, (so long)
I seem to wear a permanent screw. (screw-oo-oo-oo-oo)
But-a I - I'm gonna stare in the sun,
Let the rays shine in my eyes.
I - I'm a gonna take a just-a one step more
'Cause I feel like bombin' a church -
Now - now that you know that the preacher is lyin'.
So who's gonna stay at home
When - when the freedom fighters are fighting?

Talkin' blues (talkin' blues), talkin' blues (talkin' blues):
They say your feet is just too big for your shoes, woe-oh-oh-oh!
Talkin' blues (talkin' blues), keep on talkin' blues (talkin' blues);
They say - you hear what they say -
Didn't you hear?

Cold ground was my bed (bed last night),
Rockstone - rockstone - rockstone was my pillow;
Cold ground was my bed last night (bed last night),
And rock was my pillow, too.

Sayin': (talkin' blues, talkin' blues):
I seem to wear a permanent screw - permanent screw.
Talkin' blues (talkin' blues), talkin' blues (talkin' blues):
Feet is just too big for your shoes. (shoe-oo-oo-oo-oo) [fadeout]

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Juan, that's just Jim Barton's family in town for the weekend! Food stamps if they stay longer!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oye Juanito y que paso con Sossi????

Anonymous said...

That does look like Jim Barton's son in the top photo. I believe Jim admitted his son James, who goes by Diego Lee Rot, is on food stamps. Jim said it back when he was mad at his son for marrying a broad from Mata.

Anonymous said...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XuQzkt5a2EU
San Benito...is good to the homeless.
Put the Buliding Dept on it. They are already experts on running people off. Add a bit of collaboration from Sylvia Perez and everyone should be run off within a week. Oh, vote Dan Sanchez because Eddie TreviƱo will make you homeless.

Anonymous said...

Mayor Bob Sanchez would have dealt with this severely. Lashes from the captain!!!!!! We don't need more people on welfare, people!

- Robert Sanchez

Anonymous said...

The "homeless" people you think so noble are a bunch of drug addled and/or crazy people who won't take their meds. They are homeless through a serious of bad choices they made.

I can see no reason why they should be allowed to be a blight on an already marginal community. This is not San Francisto CA....yet!

rita