Tuesday, July 4, 2023

247 YEARS AND COUNTING: HAVE A HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

   

American Tune
Lyrics by Paul Simon
Music by Johann Sebastian Bach
Drawings by Joaquin Ribera owner of The Firm Co., Brownsville 

Many's the time I've been mistaken, and many times confused
And I've often felt forsaken, and certainly misused.
But it's all right, it's all right, I'm just weary to my bones
Still, you don't expect to be bright and Bon Vivant
So far away from home, so far away from home.


I don't know a soul who's not been battered
Don't have a friend who feels at ease
Don't know a dream that's not been shattered
Or driven to it's knees. 
But it's all right, all right, We've lived so well so long
Still, when I think of the road we're traveling on,
I wonder what went wrong, I can't help it
I wonder what went wrong.
And I dreamed I was flying. I dreamed my soul rose
unexpectedly, and looking back down on me, smiled
reassuringly, and I dreamed I was dying.
And far above, my eyes could clearly see
The Statue of Liberty, drifting away to sea
And I dreamed I was flying.
We come on a ship we call the Mayflower,
We come on a ship that sailed the moon
We come at the age's most uncertain hour
And sing the American tune
But it's all right, it's all right
You can't be forever blessed
Still, tomorrow's gonna be another working day
And I'm trying to get some rest,
That's all, I'm trying to get some rest

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a good Artist
What became of him
Recognize the work from years of reading El Bravo

Anonymous said...

THE CITY IS IN THE RUNNING TO GET A NUCLEAR VESSEL!

In the running? idiotas the elected officials here are In the running to get trash and the city is number one. PENDEJOS get jobs fix the streets traffic lights etc etc etc NOT IN THE RUNNING TO GET GARBAGE FROM THE GOVERNMENT PENDEJOS!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ingenuity, helicopter phones home from Mars after 63-day silence

Martians just being Martians, they ordered a meaty and pepperoni pizza. Dominos will deliver.

Anonymous said...

The "indians" or "natives" came here from Siberia a long time ago. Just as "native Texans" came from Virginia and Tennessee.

Anonymous said...

Juan Montoya is the Selena of blogging.


Anonymous said...

Happy 4th of July. The US is not perfect but it is better than other countries. As Citizens we all have a responsibility to protect what we. God bless America.

Anonymous said...

Berlin wall was to keep people in. Dumbass chicano comparison. Cockroach Border Patrol seen cutting razor wire set up by the state police. They shoukd be brought up on state charges.

Anonymous said...

What is the "Death Star" bill?

Anonymous said...

Illegal immigration is just that, illegal. People need to start obeying the laws of this country. I don't blame the illegals as much as the Democratic party that gave these poor people false hopes. What some low lives will do to remain in power. Sad day for our country.

Anonymous said...

I get more Brownsville news on the McAllen Sun by Eduardo Paz-Martinez. You need to pick your game Monty.

Anonymous said...

July 4, 2023 at 4:11 PM
This is a blog idiota not a newpaper babosos. Go back to the mojado city of mcallen pinche mojado.

Anonymous said...

July 4, 2023 at 11:50 AM

It was built to keep people from gaining FREEDOM estupido, baboso SOMETHING YOU IDIOTA KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. PENDEJO!

Anonymous said...

Chicano is a term real Mexicans gave Mexicans living in the USA
You know the type that only claim Mexico for affirmative action or when it's popular to do so

"The word “Chicano” was originally a derisive term from Mexicans to other Mexicans living in the United States."

Kind of like "pocho"

Anonymous said...

July 4, 2023 at 8:53 AM
and most RATAS elected officials come from cockroach europe.

Anonymous said...

July 5, 2023 at 10:42 AM

Chicano was a term used in Mexico City to describe people living close to the railroad yards.
Here it only means you are a mexican-american, which the uppity mexican and mexican-american hate, and some still do. Now the uppity mexicans and mexican-americans are referred as CoCos, which they also hate. A hyphenated symbol was placed by the bigoted gringos to address the confusion. Now the uppity mexicans really hate this.

rita