Thursday, July 23, 2026

"TAKE ALL I'VE GIVEN HIM, BUT ON HIS SOUL, DON'T LAY A FINGER..."


I am Job
Who once was blessed
Pushing this shopping cart
Through the streets
Scavenging through your refuse
In the night 
To eat

I am Job
Once master of lands
 As far as the eye could see
Thick with flocks - like oceans - of sheep
Pushing it down these streets
Loaded with discarded ore
And tins
Selling them 
To exist 

I am Job
Who never suffered want
And reveled in soft plush cushions
And splendor, 
And favored
By my Lord

And
Who now –
Tortured by the ashes 
Of an empty crack pipe –
Am tempted Him to blame
By the Great Deceiver 
And to curse
His name

4 comments:

DIEGO LEE ROT said...

The
Homeless
My Lord
Not
Restless

At all

Not hopeless
or that mess
Not Aimless

At all

Just
Free. . .

Eldelasprietas said...


"El Rrun Rrun is not so much a work of elegiac or satiric anticipation as it is an acknowledgment that it is already too late to turn back.”

Chelsea said...


There is no Lord, only Trump.

KOK said...


No sympathy here. Get a job, you bums. What a horrible image for the U.S.

GTFOH!!

rita