Reuters
This has given us TACO — Trump Always Chickens Out — to reflect the U.S. president's tendency to escalate a situation before retreating once the economic and political costs become too heavy.
Then there was EMPANADA — Everybody Makes Promises And Nobody Actually Delivers Anything — used to describe countries making outrageous and unachievable trade promises in the hope of avoiding the worst of Trump's tariffs.
More recently, NACHO — Not A Chance Hormuz Opens — was popular. The vital Strait of Hormuz did sort of reopen after Washington and Tehran signed an interim peace deal on June 17. But even that partial relief is now in question after Trump said on Wednesday that the MOU was "over," reviving the risk that the waterway could again become a pressure point.
Then there was EMPANADA — Everybody Makes Promises And Nobody Actually Delivers Anything — used to describe countries making outrageous and unachievable trade promises in the hope of avoiding the worst of Trump's tariffs.
More recently, NACHO — Not A Chance Hormuz Opens — was popular. The vital Strait of Hormuz did sort of reopen after Washington and Tehran signed an interim peace deal on June 17. But even that partial relief is now in question after Trump said on Wednesday that the MOU was "over," reviving the risk that the waterway could again become a pressure point.
Perhaps the best Mexican food acronym for Trump is TAMALES, standing for Trump Always Messes Around, Leaves Everybody Shafted.
While this works on a social and political level, the sector most affected by Trump's policies and actions is commodity trade.
To read rest of article, click on link: https://www.reuters.com/commentary/reuters-open-interest/forget-taco-trumps-best-mexican-food-acronym-is-tamales-2026-07-09/
10 comments:
The Cheeto is a loser, as Iran is proving. Can't beat a smaller nation? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha aha ah aha ha ha ha
Trump is working the stock market, not really at war. Making millions while MAGA eats shit at the trailer parks.
FACT
Taco trump hahaha
Must be a dorito taco from taco bell
Orange AF
You are correct. It is all about the wealthy making millions off of the back's of the economically deprived.
It's been open for a while.
Although Iran is a relatively small country, it possesses a greater arsenal of weapons than all other nations combined. Have you all considered why this is the case? Did you believe they merely sought these weapons for display purposes? Regarding the stock market, numerous individuals have profited significantly by investing in penny stocks. Therefore, focus on your investments and cease your incessant complaining. It is quite bothersome.
5:50 AM It is the war machine. If you are uncomfortable "fuck off."
Iran fights for God. Those fights never have an ending. Iran dies for God. Trump needs to have mercy on Americans.
At 5:09 AM 1” “KOK” the reason that things are fucked up is because we, as a nation, have become worthless. I walked into a bar with a real cop with a gun and badge doing security detail. He let me in and shook my hand. A (probably) 18 years old waitress comes up to me and I ordered a light beer. Then the manager comes up to me and says the waitress said I was “tipsy” and I looked too red. I didn’t argue with the manager but I told him I sunburn easily. I declined to order any food based on an 18 year olds’ opinion and left. And the same cop shook my hand and said have a nice night. lucky barrel. fUCK tHEM
-Chells 🖕🏻
On Sunday as I was walking in to A-Chee-Bee, I saw Mr. Montoya and introduced myself. I told him I usually go by anonymous but I also go by kok. I asked him if he liked my red Trump hat, I told him read it and I think I made him smile and we parted ways. What a small world.
Ironic how Trump hated Mexicans and all these acronyms are fitting.
Post a Comment