The classic satirical illustration swaps a traditional fairytale setting for a biting critique of Donald Trump's public persona from over three decades ago. Parodying The Wizard of Oz, the cartoon depicts a caricature of Trump approaching Dorothy, offering her a penthouse, a limousine, and "ten grand a week" to be his "steady bimbo" once she "fills out."
Dorothy’s response delivers the ultimate satirical punchline, calling out the words of a "sexist oaf who only considers women to be property" before ironically accepting the offer anyway.
Looking back at this archive, it is striking how consistent the public commentary surrounding his rhetoric and attitude toward women has been. Long before his entry into formal politics, pop culture was already openly lampooning the exact same traits that would define his later media coverage.
For many online observers, the 1991 comic serves as a fascinating time capsule proving that these characterizations aren't a recent political development—they were mainstream satire 35 years ago. It highlights the enduring power of political cartoons to capture the cultural zeitgeist and leave a permanent, unchangeable record of how public figures were viewed in their own time.
6 comments:
Are those commies dressed up in their cartoon characters?
OMG I hope I have the chance to post before fake Chelss with his 3 emojis gets the first comment! 1) we all have always known trump is a playboy and while he has always claimed he doesn’t do drugs or drink, his vice is pink. The debatable question is age. I think that doing an adolescent is disgusting unless you are one too, but in other countries that rule doesn’t apply. I would worry more about mutilation than someone rubbing one out. But enough bedroom talk. 2) I have always had this theory and invite anyone to prove me wrong, but I actually believe that Trump was paid to run against Hillary to make sure that Hillary won. Trump was and is a lifelong democrat. He was as stunned as anyone else when he won and then “grew into the role”. Now we have a potential dictator and come next month or October we will have war time powers invoked, to cancel elections. Look up president FDR and the start of WW2. This is all to usher in digital currency and I could go on and on but I will stop here. The bait has been cast, now bite.
-Chells 😘
So, okay, the fat orange guy is a pedophile.
Who died and made that the test?
-Chelss 😘
Finally, Chelsea - you got it right.
ha ha
Sometimes you can learn more from MAD magazine than any other source with the exception of the Daily Show.
People can smell a rat a mile away. Especially those New York City rats.
Post a Comment