WHAT COB ENGINEERING & PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR SAID:
AND WHAT SHE REALLY MEANT:
"At the end of the day, our legacy is not defined by the protection of our city taxpayers, but by the brownie points with the elected officials and the influential private citizens that we help with the public's money to help us climb up the bureaucratic ladder, the amount of taxpayer-subsidized asphalt millings we spread on private property, and the pat in the back we get from pampered and corrupt city officials.
"Why should I have an engineering degree when I can flash a friendly smile to pander the favoritism of our great city commissioners an city manager and his deputies? At a salary of around $150,000, es muy buen cheque! Positive difference? For us, maybe, but a negative difference to the public treasury. Criticism? Sticks and stones, but words..., well, you know. Why should I worry about dirty little Brownsville when I was the mayor of exclusive Rancho Viejo? The peasants are revolting. Yuck! Let's go Gus! What if we "dump" those road materials on private property, Sir?"
6 comments:
This article paints a bleak picture of public service, alleging that favoritism, political connections, and personal advancement have taken priority over responsible stewardship of taxpayer resources. If those allegations are true, they deserve scrutiny through evidence, transparency, and accountability—not loyalty to powerful insiders.
"At the end of the day"
Sounds like Pig-splaining. When ever I hear someone say that, it's over. You lose all credibility, what are you going to do? Violate people's rights and do something corrupt, off the books type shit?
"Here's the deal!" No, I'll take the arrest.
El
pueblo
Vendido
Siempre
sera
Vencido. . .
Montoya, big cuddos to you for going after Gus De Leon on this situation. However I don’t think this lady has anything to do with the situation. LETS NOT get away from the public official that was getting a free road and turn turned around and decided to sue the city for a crazy amount of money! I do agree she does not have the credentials to be in that area but I don’t think this is entirely her fault. Gus es Rata!!! El Pedro tambien, Rata!!!!
What an embarrassment to have a PR person in charge of Engineering/Public Works Dept. She should be transferred to the city's marketing department. To be an engineer takes much more than a non-engineering degree. Aside from also taking the state engineering exam to be licensed
should file a complaint against City to the Texas Board of Professional Engineers in Austin for hiring a non-engineer person
Post a Comment